Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Be Better not Bitter

Today I saw this meme and it made me think.


I have often fallen into the trap of letting myself become bitter and angry about things in my life. Things like friends in high school who proved that they were not friends at all and leaders who didn't listen to me when I needed help. It is easy to let your heart become bitter when things don't go the way we want. Then I realized that even if it is not something good in my past I have still learned from it. I learned that often times the worst experiences of our lives are the ones that teach us the most. And I learned that who I was doesn't matter, what matters is who I am and who I am becoming.

Then I also came to understand that just as it doesn't matter who I was it doesn't matter who you were either. It doesn't matter that those friends in high school were rude or cruel or that a leader didn't listen. What matters is that they aren't the same people they were any more than I am the person I was back then.

Lets look forward to who we are becoming and leave the pain of the past where it is while carrying the lessons on with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment